Making Your Stay in San Francisco Work For You
We care about all our guests. It is important to us that everyone who visits the BEI San Francisco’s website and hotel feels welcome and finds the experience seamless and rewarding.
BEI San Francisco strives to provide accessibility services and accommodations to help all of our guests who may have additional needs or requirements. Our commitment to accessibility is a hallmark of our hospitality and ensures that all individuals can experience our extraordinary accommodations.
What steps are we taking?
At BEI San Francisco, we strive to create a positive experience for all our visitors. We designed this website using the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 AA. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities, and user friendly for everyone.
How has your experience been?
We monitor the website regularly to maintain this standard, but if you have difficulty using this website, please don’t hesitate to reach us via email at [email protected].
Accessible public spaces of the hotel
BEI San Francisco offers a variety of accessible routes, features, elements, and amenities throughout its public spaces and within its guest rooms. Highlights of the accessible features in our public spaces are:
- Handicap Accessible self-parking is available, including “van accessible” spaces
- Our covered passenger pickup/drop-off area accommodates vehicles up to least 9′-0″ high
- Parking spaces are located on the first and second floors of the parking garage at locations nearest to the entrances
- Accessible entrance door to the building
- There are no steps, no abrupt level changes, and no un-ramped curbs to the entrance/exit or public sidewalks
- Fully automatic lobby entrance door with wide clearance
- Registration counter serving guests includes lowered portion
- There are no steps, no abrupt level changes, no unsecured carpet and no un-ramped curbs to the following areas: Guest rooms, courtyard, public restrooms, lobby, game room, meeting space, entrance/exit, public sidewalks, business center, or fitness center
- Full-size passenger elevator serving each level of the hotel
- All elevator jambs have signs placed on both sides designating the floor with raised letters and braille characters
- Public restrooms are accessible, with at least one large accessible stall/toilet, one accessible lavatory, and one accessible urinal
- Accessible toilets have a horizontal grab bar on the adjacent side wall
- At least one wash basin in each public restroom has drains and hot water pipes that are insulated or protected
Accessible Guest Room Features
BEI San Francisco is designed with rooms to accommodate guests with disabilities. The hotel offers 13 accessible guest rooms that are mobility, visual and hearing accessible with a double bed. Rooms offer accessible bathrooms with either tubs or roll in showers. The breakdown of these accommodations is as follows:
- 8 Double Bed guest rooms with tub
- 5 Double Bed guest rooms with roll in shower
Accessible Guest Room Bathroom Features:
- Bathroom doors allow wide of clear passage
- Bathroom door hardware easily operable with one hand
- Accessible toilet in bathroom centered from the adjacent side wall
- Faucet controls and shower diverter can be turned on and off easily and are operable with one hand
- Transfer tub seat is available
- Adjustable-height, hand-held shower wand with long hose
- Long, horizontal grab bar at foot of tub
- Horizontal grab bar at head of tub
- Two horizontal grab bars (one high/one low) along side of tub for stabilization
- Roll-in Shower Features:
- Accessible folding seat
- Faucet controls and shower wand positioned on the wall along the side of the shower seat so they are operable from the folding shower seat
- Horizontal grab bar on the wall alongside the shower seat
- Horizontal grab bar on the wall opposite the seat for stabilization
- Free of curbs or lips at shower floor
- Faucet controls are easily operable with one hand
- Adjustable-height shower wand with long hose
Other ACCESSIBILITY Features:
- BEI San Francisco allows persons with disabilities to use service animals—without imposing any extra charges or conditions—in guest rooms/suites and all public areas of the facility.
- Hotel staff are available to move furniture, and adjust accessible features in guest rooms.
- Hotel staff are trained to offer assistance, upon request, to persons with disabilities who cannot transport their luggage to/from their guest rooms and who may need assistance in locating guest rooms and hotel amenities/guest rooms when features require installation or adjustment to ensure accessibility.
- Hotel staff are available to read printed/visual information upon request.